The Future of Sex and Lips, #SexPosi+ Popup Gallery aims to normalize sexuality and spark a conversation about sex, identity and expression. Hosted at 336 Flatbush Ave gallery and coffee shop Lil Sister, through the month of August 2018, the popup brings together years of research, zines, workshops, podcasts, expert networks and hackathons in one beautifully curated space.
From the STI rates reaching epidemic proportions in senior centres to the nonconsensual porn crisis, it's clear that our culture has a lot of catching up to do when it comes to sex education.
- But what does sex education look like in a digital age?
- What happens when sex and technology meet and what does it mean for our relationships, sense of intimacy and sexual health and wellbeing?
- Does this change over time and through our different life stages?
- And how do we change the conversation around sex and tech?
Programmed by Allee Manning, journalist and our Future of Sex Summer Series curator, this panel will look at the facts about sex ed and those using technology to change the game. We will dive deep into the issues, and call upon experts - and the audience - to answer these questions and more.
Joining Future of Sex host, Bryony Cole, will be special guests, Andrea Barrica, Founder of O.School, Elyse Schuster, Founder of Okayso and a surprise guest for an evening of discussion around the state of sex education.
- Where: Lil Sister, 336 Flatbush Ave, Brooklyn 11238
- When: Wed, August 8, 2018, 7:30 PM – 9:30 PM EDT
- Tickets: Register via Eventbrite
Can’t make it to the live recording?
Are you passionate about this subject? Follow along with the conversation on Twitter using the #sextech hashtag.